Delta Manor Hall

5425 Ladner Trunk Road
Delta, BC

Built: 1927
 

The Odd Fellows Hall on Ladner Trunk Road contains the original Delta Manor Hall.

Status: Still Standing

Delta Manor Hall - 1933
click photo for more pictures
The Delta Manor Hall, which was a part of the Demonstration Farm, was built in 1927, completed just in time for Christmas activities. Referred to in the beginning as the Delta Manor Lecture Hall, it served as a community hall for three or four decades where dances, meetings, fall fairs, and many other community activities were held. Built by the Delta Land Company, it was the hub of Delta Manor and served a multitude of purposes, other than social, over the years. For instance, during World War II, the building was used as a hostel for the girls and women who came to Delta to pick berries on local farms.

Around 1945, the hall was sold to local shareholders who made up the Delta Manor Co-operative Association.

The International Order of Odd Fellows purchased the Hall in 1966. Some changes have been made to the original building, which is now the smaller western portion of the Odd Fellowa Hall. The larger eastern end was added at that time as well as a kitchen at the back and the structure was moved back from the road and placed on a cement foundation. The Hall reopened in the fall of 1967 and continues to be used by the Odd Fellows and the community to this day.